About Provident Loan
The Provident Loan Society of New York has been in business for over 120 years and is the only not-for-profit pawnbroker in the United States. We make loans based on collateral to fulfill our mission of helping those in financial need. Anyone with gold coins, gold and diamond jewelry, a fine watch, or silverware is eligible to receive a cash loan. We want our customers to pay off their loans and get their valuable items back, so we keep our interest and fees lower than similar lenders. We’re looking for caring, dedicated, professional employees who share our desire to help others and support our communities.
The Provident Loan Society is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our communities, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach his/her potential.
Monday – Friday, 8:45 am – 5:00 pm
The Cashier is often the first interaction our customers have when they enter our branches and in many ways is the face of the company. Cashiers provide excellent customer service, process a variety of payments, and keep the cash drawer balanced.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change. Balance the cash drawer at the end of the day.
- Double check cash or cash equivalent transactions for $500 and greater
- Greet customers entering the branch
- Answer customer questions and provide information on procedures or policies
- Receive & process payments over window. Issue receipts or change to customers
- Handle mail transactions, correspondence and payments
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Branch Manager
- Once ready and time allows, train in gold and diamond appraising
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- 1+ years of cash handling or retail service experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism
- General math skills
- Detail orientated and able to function in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Basic computer skills and Windows knowledge
- Ability to stand for a long period of time
- Bilingual a plus (especially in Spanish, Chinese, or Korean)
- Annualized salary of $27,500
- Benefits Package including Medical and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, and 401(k)
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Make a positive impact on the community every day
Email to email@example.com
- Your resume
- A short paragraph or cover letter outlining your interest in being a Cashier for Provident Loan
- If you’ve been referred by one of our employees, include “Referred by (Employee’s Name)” in the subject line.